Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kinfolk


I just finished reading Issue One of Kinfolk: A Guide for Small Gatherings online, and it was chock-full of inspirations from kindred spirits. The gatherings range from coffee for two, to dinner parties, to a picnic in a meadow, with an emphasis on simplicity, the better to enjoy each others company. I can't say how much I loved the fact that the first section is Entertaining for One, (i.e., alone time). I even came away with a few insights relevant to my prayer life, as those articles focused on making time to be quiet every day, both outside and in.

Do read and enjoy, pluck something for your quote journal ("A house is no home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body."), and walk away with some new ideas for your next gathering of two or twenty.

(Cloche tip: Margaret Perry)

1 comment:

Jam said...

This is very cool.